With over 20 years of experience in the offshore oil and gas sector, Submar, LLC., entered into the onshore erosion control business in 1997. We’ve achieved success in the onshore oil and gas market protecting shallow-covered and exposed pipelines with various erosion control solutions for over 90% of major pipeline companies. Submar works closely with all levels of federal, state, and local project stakeholders during the planning and implementation of these projects. This includes full compliance with erosion and sedimentation control standards, allowing clients to streamline their projects with our turnkey services.
Civil Engineer – Engineering Project Manager (Houma, LA) Job Description
Submar, LLC., headquartered in Houma, Louisiana, is currently looking for a Civil Engineer with 3 – 5 years’ experience in project management and design to assist our engineering efforts. Understanding of hydraulics and hydrology concepts, and experience in preparing construction plans and specifications is required. Working in a combination of field and small office environments should be expected. Job may involve limited travel to sites, and meeting places for obtaining information for projects.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design systems for a variety of project types, including pipeline exposures, reshaping of streambanks, earth stabilization and walls, stream crossings, and wind erosion.
- Analyzes and executes calculations using various project-related software systems for hydraulics, hydrologic, and erosion control projects.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other data to plan and design projects.
- Prepare construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil3D for clients, primarily focused on gas pipeline exposure remedies.
- Read and interpret civil plan sets and topographical maps.
- Work closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development.
- Oversees aspects of project design cycle.
- Be responsible for providing advanced technical support in the development/design of assigned civil engineering projects.
- Provide professional, technical day to day support and input to the Civil Engineering Director, to assure carrying out the scope of work in accordance with the proposal and/or the contract terms.
- Work directly under the supervision of a registered professional civil engineer.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project design.
- Sets personal direction, manages multiple priorities, and grows personal knowledge and capability to deliver expected results and meet the business need.
- Coordinate with Environmental Manager to produce permitting documents including application materials and clearance reports required for projects.
- Participate in coordination efforts with various government agencies during environmental permitting processes.
- Continually communicate with clientele to efficiently relay permitting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with AutoCAD/Civil3d is preferred.
- Project management experience, including the development of project proposals, scopes, budgets and the successful execution and tracking of both small and large engineering projects is preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and clients in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Experience at an intermediate level in the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- The ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- This position is a remote work position. The ability to drive to the Houma, LA office as needed is required.
- A home office setup and reliable internet is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation and sick leave.
If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our Employment Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.