With over 20 years of experience in the offshore oil and gas sector, Submar, Inc., entered into the onshore erosion control business in 1997. We’ve achieved success in the onshore oil and gas market protecting shallow-covered and exposed pipelines with various erosion control solutions for over 90% of major pipeline companies. Submar works closely with all levels of federal, state, and local project stakeholders during the planning and implementation of these projects. This includes full compliance with erosion and sedimentation control standards, allowing clients to streamline their projects with our turnkey services.
Construction Project Manager Job Description
The Project Manager is responsible for analyzing and coordinating the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget on a per project basis. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Serves as the point of contact for the client.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
- Shall define project goals, objectives, and critical success factors and ensure the project is compliant with contract obligations.
- Accountable for the regulatory compliant, safe, and successful completion of projects.
- Lead in identifying project risks and developing and implementing risk-response action plans that capitalize on potential opportunities.
- Will communicate daily with the job site Superintendent and Logistics Coordinator to ensure support for any changes in needs at the jobsite.
- Identify potential scheduling issues that would cause delays on the jobsite and work with the Superintendent to counteract potential delays.
- Implement project and financial control systems to monitor project progress while considering target and budget.
- Responsible for regularly generating documents, including formal reports to management, and disseminating project progress to multiple departments.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Ensures that Submar and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being incorporated into all aspects of construction operations.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent to jobsite supervisory positions such as timesheets, expense reports, project-related deliverables, and job-completion files.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in project management or related field is required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in construction project management, with civil and marine experience, is preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret civil plan sets and topographical maps is required.
- The ability to analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other data to estimate, plan, and execute projects is required.
- The ability to work closely with engineers, civil designers, and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development is required.
- Good working knowledge of planning and coordination in procurement logistics support.
- Experience at an intermediate level in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications such as Smart Sheet is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- The ability to remain focused and on task through completion despite setbacks.
- The ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism.
- The commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business.
- This position requires some travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Submar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our employment application and email us.