The Construction Superintendent/Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment that excavates, backfills, and grades land to prepare it for construction of civil and erosion control types of projects Submar, Inc., undertakes nation-wide. The Construction Superintendent also supervises a construction crew of Foreman and Laborers. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for jobsite operations, including onsite activities of Submar, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives, and others as may be assigned within the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules, and budget.
- Ensures that Submar and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements, and standards are being incorporated into all aspects of construction operations.
- Performs daily safety tailgate meetings with crew, client, and subcontractors.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent to jobsite supervisory positions, such as timesheets, expense reports, project-related deliverables, and job-completion files.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Completes work according to all environmental requirements as applicable.
- Obtains and maintains various Operator Qualifications for pipeline projects.
- Participates in all assigned safety trainings and company-mandated tasks.
- Uses survey gear to shoot line and grade for projects.
- Communicates with internal Project Manager to execute field work.
- Maintains inventory of Submar’s assets.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience working in the pipeline construction industry is required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a supervisory/managerial role is required.
- 10+ years’ in an engineering/design and construction capacity for pipeline projects is preferred.
- Experience operating heavy machinery, such as excavators, loaders, off-road trucks, dozers, motor graders, and other heavy civil machinery, is required.
- Good working knowledge of planning and coordination in procurement logistics support.
- Experience at a basic level in the following Microsoft applications is required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business-like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Must have the ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company.
- Must have the ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Must have the ability to remain focused and on-task through completion despite setbacks.
- Must have the ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism.
- Must have maintain the commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- This position requires extensive travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally-protected status.
Submar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our Employment Application and forward via email.