Submar, Inc., headquartered in Houma, Louisiana, is currently looking for a Civil Engineer with 3 -5 years’ experience in project management and design to assist our engineering efforts.
Understanding of hydraulics and hydrology concepts and experience in preparing construction plans and specifications are required. Working in a combination of field and small office environments should be expected. Job may involve limited travel to sites and meeting places for obtaining information for projects.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing systems for a variety of project types, including pipeline exposures, reshaping of streambanks, earth stabilization and walls, stream crossings, and wind erosion.
- Analyzing and executing calculations using various project-related software systems for hydraulics, hydrologic, and erosion control projects.
- Analyzing survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other data to plan and design projects.
- Preparing construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil3D for clients, primarily focusing on gas pipeline exposure remedies.
- Reading and interpreting civil plan sets and topographical maps.
- Working closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development.
- Overseeing aspects of the project design cycle.
- Being responsible for providing advanced technical support in the development/design of assigned civil engineering projects
- Providing professional, technical day-to-day support and input to the Director of Engineering to ensure the scope of work is executed in accordance with the proposal and/or the contract terms.
- Working directly under the supervision of a registered professional civil engineer.
- Preparing reports for upper management regarding status of project design.
- Setting personal direction, managing multiple priorities, and growing personal knowledge and capabilities to deliver expected results and meet the business’ needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience is required.
- 2+ years’ experience with AutoCAD/Civil3d is required.
- Project management experience, including the development of project proposals, scopes, budgets, and the successful execution and tracking of both small and large engineering projects, is preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and clients in a business-like and professional manner is required.
- Experience at an intermediate level in the following Microsoft Office applications is required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- The ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation and sick leave.