The Construction Foreman/Operator is responsible for supporting the Superintendent in operating heavy equipment that excavates, backfills, and grades land to prepare it for construction of civil and erosion control projects Submar, Inc., undertakes nation-wide. The construction Foreman/Operator also assists in supervising a construction crew of Skilled Laborers. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in jobsite operations, including onsite activities of Submar, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives, and other relevant personnel
- Ensures qualified and knowledgeable personnel are used for field work
- Assists in planning and implementing procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules, and budget
- Ensures that Submar and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements, and standards are incorporated into all aspects of construction operations
- Assists with daily safety tailgate meetings with crew, client, and subcontractors.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent to jobsite supervisory positions such as expense reports, project-related deliverables, and job-completion files
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented
- Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures per jobsite conditions
- Assists in supervising personnel in assigned areas of responsibility
- Completes work according to all environmental requirements as applicable
- Obtains and maintains various Operator Qualifications for pipeline projects
- Participates in all assigned safety trainings and company-mandated tasks
- Uses survey gear to shoot line and grade for projects
- Communicates with internal Project Manager to execute field work
- Maintains inventory of Submar’s assets
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the pipeline construction industry is required.
- 5+ years’ in an engineering/design and construction capacity for pipeline projects is preferred.
- Experience operating heavy machinery, such as excavators, loaders, off-road trucks, dozers, motor graders, and other heavy civil machinery is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of planning and coordination in procurement logistics support.
- Experience at a basic level in the following Microsoft applications is required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business-like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company.
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Ability to remain focused and on-task through completion despite setbacks
- Ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism
- Commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- This position requires extensive travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation and sick leave. This position will include the full-time use of an assigned company vehicle. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our Employment Application and forward via email.