With over 20 years of experience in the offshore oil and gas sector, Submar, Inc., entered into the onshore erosion control business in 1997. We’ve achieved success in the onshore oil and gas market protecting shallow-covered and exposed pipelines with various erosion control solutions for over 90% of major pipeline companies. Submar works closely with all levels of federal, state, and local project stakeholders during the planning and implementation of these projects. This includes full compliance with erosion and sedimentation control standards, allowing clients to streamline their projects with our turnkey services.
The Logistics Coordinator (California Projects) is responsible for utilizing various providers to facilitate planning, scheduling, shipping routes, and delivery for equipment and other required assets on a construction site. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a rental companies’ key personnel involved in, or directly relevant to, logistics activity.
- Travel within California as needed to support project execution.
- Develop an understanding of project needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Manage rental companies’ activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as liaisons between vendors and Project Managers.
- Develop proposals that include documentation for estimates.
- Review logistics performance with vendors against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements.
- Coordinate product delivery schedules with customers.
- Coordinate daily activity to track locations and movement of trucks; provide information to customers as needed.
- Work closely with transportation providers to ensure efficient and effective execution of product delivery.
- Generate purchase orders for equipment.
- Verify accuracy and sign off on purchase orders.
- Verify delivery confirmations on all shipments.
- Alert vendors if Certification Paperwork is needed.
- Special projects and reports as needed.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in logistics or related field is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Experience at an intermediate level in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications such as Smart Sheet is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- The ability to remain focused and on task through completion despite setbacks.
- The ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism.
- The commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business.
This is a work from home position that will be located out of the Ontario, CA area.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Submar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our Employment Application and email it to email@example.com.