Skilled Laborer Job Description
The construction Skilled Laborer is responsible for performing intensive physical construction labor duties for construction of civil and erosion control projects Submar, Inc., undertakes nation-wide. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing construction sites for installation of erosion control projects
- Digging, raking, sandblasting, recoating, cutting and laying out geotextile, banding mats, setting up dewater pumps and sandbag water dams, and performing other tasks to prepare site
- Signaling equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Reading plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities
- Loading, unloading, or identifying building materials, machinery, or tools and distributing them to the appropriate locations according to project plans or specifications
- Participating in daily safety tailgate meetings with crew, client, and subcontractors
- Completing work according to all environmental requirements as applicable
- Obtaining and maintaining various Operator Qualifications for pipeline projects
- Participating in all assigned safety training and company-mandated tasks
- Maintaining inventory of Submar assets
- Performing other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- Experience working in the pipeline construction industry is preferred.
- Experience operating heavy machinery, such as excavators, loaders, off-road trucks, dozers, motor graders, and other heavy civil machinery, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of general hand and power tools is preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business-like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Ability to remain focused and on-task through completion despite setbacks.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- This position requires extensive travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, and other bases protected by applicable law.
Submar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our employment application and email it to email@example.com.