Skilled Laborer – California Job Description
The construction Skilled Laborer is responsible for performing intensive physical construction labor duties for construction of civil and erosion control projects Submar, Inc., undertakes nation-wide. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares construction sites for installation of erosion control projects
- Digs, rakes, sandblasts, recoats, cuts and lays out geotextile, bands mats, sets up dewater pumps and sandbag water dams, and performs other tasks to prepare site
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Reads plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities
- Loads, unloads, or identifies building materials, machinery, or tools and distributes them to the appropriate locations according to project plans or specifications
- Participates in daily safety tailgate meetings with crew, client, and subcontractors
- Completes work according to all environmental requirements as applicable
- Obtains and maintains various Operator Qualifications for pipeline projects
- Participates in all assigned safety trainings and company-mandated tasks
- Maintains inventory of Submar assets
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- Experience working in the pipeline construction industry is preferred.
- Experience operating heavy machinery, such as excavators, loaders, off-road trucks, dozers, motor graders, and other heavy civil machinery, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of general hand and power tools is preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, and customers in a business-like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Ability to remain focused and on-task through completion despite setbacks.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of self, processes, projects, and overall business.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- This position requires extensive travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation and sick leave. This position will include the fulltime use of an assigned company vehicle. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our Employment Application and forward via email.