The West Regional Sales Manager is responsible for conducting surveys with company surveying equipment in remote natural areas in varying degrees of hot and cold outdoor temperatures on pipeline right of ways. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recording the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features
- Creating new business development in CA, AZ, WA, and OR by calling on potential clients in the region
- Level of travel expectancy: 60-80% throughout a large geographical area, typically requiring overnight stays
- Developing and maintaining strong current relationships with specific project stakeholders (i.e., calling on midstream oil and gas operator and regulatory agencies such as the Bureau of Land Management, United States Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Indian Affairs, landowners, etc.)
- Conducting sales presentations to current and prospective clients on new projects (presentations can be conducted in a professional office setting and on site in the field)
- Assuring clients of the need for Submar’s products and services
- Managing awarded projects by keeping open communication with clients on project timelines, client needs, and issues that may arise during the project
- Working closely with Submar’s engineering department and project management department to resolve all client inquiries during the project cycle
- Maintaining follow-up communication after project completion in order to be considered for recurring project awards from clients
- Personal attributes required: open-mindedness, coachable, teachable, willing to mentor, problem solver, innovative, entrepreneurial, thinks outside the box
- Maintaining timely maintenance and submittal of company reports to Submar’s corporate office
- Attending meetings at Submar’s corporate office in Houma, LA, as directed by senior management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, or equivalent experience in oil and gas industry sales is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- 5+ years of related experience in oil and gas industry sales, civil engineering, construction, or mixed-use projects is required, which can include:
- Land Surveying
- Arc GIS
- Environmental Design
- Environmental Permitting
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in any type of weather condition.
- Ability to work alone and in remote areas without supervision is required.
- Ability to drive long distances and work non-typical hours as required.
- Ability to walk long distances, carrying equipment and materials as required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organization skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to take accurate notes, records, and sketches.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with clients, outside consultants, staff, and contractors is required.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and change direction with a variety of workplace tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues.
- Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Ability to remain focused and on task through completion despite setbacks.
- Ability to keep deadline/cost commitments using sound business judgment and professionalism.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Submar offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar, please download and complete our employment application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to inquire about available opportunities with Submar or to apply, please visit www.submar.com.